5 Wonderful Unique, Ethical, Handmade Gifts for 2020
We spend a lot of time looking for unique, ethically sourced, handmade gifts & we've shared some of our best finds below. Full disclosure; two of them come from our Fair Trade collection, but I think you will be pleased that we did. Enjoy!
1. Mango and Main's Fair Trade Baskets: Their baskets are unique and very attractive. And reasonably priced too!
"Handmade by artisans in Rwanda, these baskets are crafted from sustainable sisal fibers that are hand-dyed and then woven into works of art! They add the perfect amount of color and texture to your home."
2. Illuminate Fair Trade's Handmade Guatemalan Backpack Shoulder Bag: Convertible Day Bag [CDB]. Backpack with Detachable Straps that easily converts to a shoulder bag. Hand-woven by women artisans in Guatemala. Each is beautiful and quite unique. 16 inches x 12 inches x 6 inches. Plenty of room to use as an overnight bag.
3. We really love this Trilby - Dark Grey Hat from Equal Uprise.
"Inspired by the arid colors that make up the lively state of Oaxaca, the Trilby has a pinched crown and sturdy flat brim that makes a statement.
Pair this with your favorite boho dress and boots, or with an oversized blazer, t-shirt, trousers, and sneakers. Add a tad of edge to any look with this one."
4. Illuminate Fair Trade's Guatemalan Mixed Huipile Embroidered Lap Blanket or Throw. Over the last 20 years this has been one of our best sellers. It's warm and beautiful and each is quite unique. And, they aren't sold anywhere else in America or Europe.
5. Thread Harvest's Fashion Sweatshirt. OK, This is WAY cooler than any other women's sweatshirt we have seen recently.
"Featuring a ribbed crew neck, raglan sleeves, side panel detailing, and a gathered drawstring hemline that is secured at either side with double O rings.
Made from our Signature Organic Cotton Sweatshirting - a soft, mid-weight, 100% GOTS certified organic French terry."
By: Don Lam